Top 15 Best Air Rifle Review 2016.
Many teenagers and adult alike spend their weekends hunting. It is good to have the best air rifle for the game. Today, the best air rifle on the market for you can be extremely powerful and more sophisticated as compared to the past models produced in the last two years.
They are more capable to accurately land target shots. The modern technologies also allow to design best gun brand that are quieter than the standard firearms, something advantageous for hunters in stalking, hunting and successfully bagging pests and rodents.
You will also take advantage of a no muzzle flash with air rifles, sophisticated scopes, and multi-stroke compression chambers. Therefore if you are a gun enthusiast perhaps you need to try to get the best air rifle for hunting.
The best pellet gun on the market
|Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle||1200 fps||.177||7 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Crosman Nitro Venom Break Barrel Air Rifle||800 fps||.22||9.3 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Gamo Hornet Air Rifle, .177 Caliber||1,200 fps||.177||3.5 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Benjamin 392 Bolt Action Variable Pump Air Rifle (.22)||685 fps||.22||5.9 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Ruger Air Hawk Combo Rifle||1,000 fps||.177||9.2 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Crosman RepeatAir 1077 .177 Air Rifle||625 fps||.177||4.2 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper ND52 Air Rifle||1300 fps||.177||3.2 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Crosman Pneumatic Pump Air Rifle||600 fps||.177||4.8 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Ruger Blackhawk Combo air rifle||1000 fps||.177||9.4 pounds||View on Amazon|
|Crosman Benjamin Trail NP XL 1500||1100 fps||.22||13.3 pounds||View on Amazon|
Types of Air Rifle.
Air Rifle Ammunition.
This air rifle differs from regular firearm ammunition. The slight difference come in the air rifle projectiles, in this rifle they are powered by compressed air and hence it lack the propellant that come with actual firearms. That is why this air rifle is known as a “pellets” rather than “bullets”.
CO2 Powered Air Rifles.
This is a common variant of air gun, its distinct feature is that it uses carbon dioxide to propel its projectiles to its intended target. However, this is handier to use because of how well it is constructed compared to most other variants. It uses simple miniature of CO2 tanks that pressurize and fire ammunition.
Spring powered air rifles.
Just as the name says, the spring piston makes use of a simple mechanical spring propel the bullets towards the target. These rifles are more powerful and accurate hence the best air rifles for hunting purposes. The common downside with this rifle is that it has a powerful recoil that makes it quite difficult to control when you are firing multiple times.
Pneumatic (pump) Air Rifles.
These air rifles depends solely on air pressure to fire. As a result, they are less handy in hectic situations unless you have enough time to prepare. They can be primed using a simple hand pump but can also come with a cylinder to provide pressure.
So, let’s go straight and look into the best air rifle on the market, and help you make a valid and informed decision before spending your bucks for that coveted air rifle.
You Might Also Like: The quietest air rifles you can buy
What Are The Best Air Rifle On The Market?
1. Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle.
If you are a professional hunter, the Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle is your best friend. You will notice great changes in your perception about air rifles. It will help you take down small game and also suitable for a little target practice.
- Accuracy: all avid hunters know that landing on their prey requires accurate shooting. If you fail to hit your prey in the perfect body area, the chances of it getting away are high.
- Noise: This rifle comes with a non-removable noise dampener that reduces the noise of your shot by 52%. You will be able to make the shot you need and stay quite while shooting.
- Pumping action: unlike most air rifles that requires a lot of obnoxious pumping to kill the prey, with this rifle you only need to pump it once to kill your prey.
- Outdoors: For all hunting and practice shooting, you will do them outdoors and therefore you require a rifle that will handle the elements. This rifle has a durable construction and you can take it into any weather.
- Safety: It comes with an automatic cocking safety system with a manual trigger safety and gives the security that every gunner needs.
If you are disturbed by pesky squirrels in the backyard, Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle is one of best air rifle in the market. Consider buying this rifle.
2. Crosman Nitro Venom Break Barrel Air Rifle (22) powered by Nitro Piston
While trying to purchase an air rifle you will come across many options to choose from, but you can’t afford not buy this rifle. It is among the best .22 air rifle for hunting. As an avid hunter, you will love the experience with the Crossman Nitro Venom.
- Light weight: to be effective a rifle needs to be lightweight. It weigh 7 pounds and there easy carry on your shoulder.
- Power: it is a powerful rifle that can punch through a prey and also hit what lay in the background. This high power makes it a one shot kill rifle.
- Lubricated: this makes operation of the gun smooth and effortless
- Accurate: it has a fascinating accuracy. Once you target your prey, it won’t let you down. Can shoot within a range of 25 yards if zeroed correctly.
- Outdoors: it is ideal for all weather as it will withstand even the extreme weather.
- Silence; it is soundless and therefore it doesn’t alert your prey when you pull the trigger.
- Recoil: it ensures that recoil remains at a minimum level.
As an avid hunter you definitely love a silent, powerful and accurate riffle. Crossman Nitro Venom rifle offers you all these in one package. It is among the best .22 air rifles for hunting.
3. Gamo Hornet Air Rifle, .177 Caliber.
Most beginners are searching for an affordable rifle that offer convenience and diverse use options. The Gamo Hornet Air Rifle is one of the best air rifle on the market for adult beginners because it doesn’t require a lot of energy to cock. Here comes the features of the rifle that will help you decide whether it is or not suitable for your preferences.
- Durability: its fluted polymer covered steel barrel and plastic stock offer durability required for longevity use.
- Cock pulling: it require less effort to perform the cock pulling action, thus suitable for fairly strong adults. Also has a single cocking system that accelerates loading.
- Accuracy: its fluted steel barrel that helps it shoot PBA pellets at a velocity of 1200fps. This high speed boosts its accuracy.
- Lightweight: it weigh less and you will therefore have easy time carrying it on you should around the day.
- Recoil: its butt plate is made out of a thick rubber pad and this provide your shoulders with a cushioned impact.
For perfect shooting and small game hunting, Gamo Hornet is one of the best air rifle for the money. You will have to consider this brand if you want a rifle that is easy to cock.
4. Benjamin 392 Bolt Action Variable Pump Air Rifle.
For many years this Benjamin 392 air rifle has topped in the favorites lists. It has managed its good reputation because of its outstanding performance and dependable accuracy.
- Durability: it is made of a sleek and lightweight American hardwood stock, this construction increase its lifespan.
- Lightweight: only weighs 5.5lbs thus easy to carry around.
- Safety: the cross bolts enhances safety.
- Accuracy: it high velocity of 208.9 m/s boosts its accuracy. You can easily land on your prey 25 yards if properly zoomed.
- Scope: it has excellent scopes that are fully adjustable, this helps you to zoom on your target.
If you want good performance and a rifle whose performance won’t let you down. Read More
5. Ruger Air Hawk Combo Rifle (Wood, Large).
Ruger Air Hawk Combo Rifle is a 1000 feet per second pellet rifle that features a single –shot cocking mechanisms.
The ambidextrous stock is suitable for both the right-left hand shooters. It offers a comfortable grip. Say good bye to the recoil impact caused by other air rifles as it comes with a rubber recoil pad.
- Powerful: it is a powerful gun. It shoots at a velocity of 1000 fps, this also boost its accuracy.
- Accuracy: excellent accuracy supported by a 4×32 air rifle scope with mounts.
- Safety: you will get the freedom and security any avid hunter need because it has an automatic safety.
- Single-shot cocking mechanism which enhances loading and shooting.
- Spring piston break-barrel.
- Come with fibre optic sights, muzzle break and adjustable trigger.
6. Crosman 1077 Repeat Air Semi-Automatic CO2 Pellet Gun Air Rifle
When purchasing an air rifle, many factors need consideration but the power source is of utmost importance.
Are you setting your eyes on a CO2 pellet gun? Then consider the Crossman 1077 Air Rifle. This is a great performer and you will see why below.
- Operation: it is easy to operate because it’s a semi-automatic air gun hence easy to operate.
- Powering: It has CO2 cartridges that power the pellets.
- Safety: It has excellent safety mechanism that make it a perfect gun for adults and children alike.
- Lightweight: since it is light in weight it is easy to carry around and operate.
- Durability: It is made of a synthetic stock and steel barrel that makes it ideal for any weather.
- Versatility: the rifle is versatile and can be put into many uses like target shooting and pest control.
If you talk about power, talk about the Crosman 1077 Air rifle. Consider one and experience the fun. Read More
7. Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper Air Rifle.
Are you having problems with pests in your back yard? Gamo Silent Stalker is one of the best air rifle on the market for varmint’s eradication.
- Light weight: you can therefore spend the whole day hunting and remain active.
- Silent: it is fitted with a noise dampener that absorbs excess noise after making the shot.
- Powering: It has a Pneumatic inert gas cylinder mechanism that powers the gun at any temperature.
- Single cocking mechanism: this makes loading easier.
- Safety: It has a comprehensive manual safety system that minimizes the chances of mishaps when cleaning or loading.
Its an awesome rifle for varmints. Read More
8. Crosman M4-177 Pneumatic Pump Air Rifle.
Shooting is funny and enjoyable but none is enjoyable than target shooting with a BB rifle. Teenagers and adults alike prefer to spend their free time shooting at pesky critters. But it’s only funny when shooting using a Crosman M4-177.
- Ammunition: this is a versatile rifle that uses diverse options of ammunition. It can use both BBs and pellets.
- Pumping action: it comes with a highly pressurized tank that holds air, this eliminates the need of CO2 cartridge.
- Diverse use mounts: if you want to shoot the pesky critters you will need the accessory rails. You will easily enhance your vision with a flashlight.
- Shooting range: it is capable of shooting up to 60 yards and its power is consistent.
- Affordable: it is very affordable thus a perfect beginner air gun.
This rate as one of the best air rifle on the market. Since it uses both BBs and pellets, you don’t have to worry about refiling the rifle during shooting practices. Read more
9. Ruger Blackhawk Combo Air Rifle.
Ruger Blackhawk Combo is yet another great break barrel air gun with a single cock mechanism.
- Break barrel and single shot.
- Velocity: propels the pellets at extreme velocity.
- Silence: it is a quieter gun.
- Price and warranty: cost below $100 and comes with one year warranty.
To stalk and shoot your targets from a distance you need to consider this air rifle.
10. Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 Break Barrel Air Rifle (.22) powered by Nitro Piston®
You will agree with me that Benjamin produces one of the best .22 air rifles for hunting. They shoot accurately, dependable and durable. It is powerful and with amazing look. Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 is one of the most loved Benjamin Air rifle.
- Nitro piston: this makes cocking the gun much easier.
- Silent: the nitro piston produce less noise compared to the coil spring gun.
- Durability: its construction is unaffected by weather as it is rust free.
- Ammunition: can shoot multiple ammunition options.
- Storage: easy to store as the barrel folds in towards the stock.
- Scope: features a 3-9×40 scope.
- Accuracy: can shoot accurately up to 50 yards.
It is one of the best air rifle for hunting if you to take down small game and bigger critters. Its value is worth its price. Read More
11. Crosman Phantom .177 Caliber Break Barrel.
Crosman Phantom .177 is your number one rifle for hunting small game, pest control, and target shooting.
- Single cocking mechanism.
- All weather synthetic stock.
- Manual safety mechanism.
- High accuracy supported by a 4×32 scope.
- Two-stage adjustable trigger system.
- Break barrel cocking design.
It is easy to load pellets and therefore saves time between sequential shots.
12. Benjamin Marauder Synthetic Stock Pellet Air Rifle.
Benjamin Marauder is one of the best air rifle on the market for advanced hunters. It differs with the break barrel in that it come pre-charged with air to use when shooting.
- Custom choked barrel for unsurpassed accuracy.
- Quiet operation.
- High velocity up to 1100 fps.
- Pre-charged pneumatic.
- Comes with a 10-shot magazine.
13. Gamo Big Cat 1200 and 1250 Air Rifle.
Gamo Big Cat 1200 & 1250 is great hunting rifle. It meets all your hunting needs. It is the lightest in its category.
- High accuracy supported by a 4×32 scope.
- Automatic cocking safety system.
- Single and effortless cocking system.
- All weather sturdy construction.
- Powerful with shooting velocity of 1200fps.
- Light weight.
14. Daisy Outdoor Products Model 1938 Red Ryder BB Gun.
It is an all-time classic and most popular BB gun. You can consider Daisy Outdoor Model 1938 as one of the best air gun brand to introduce young shooters to air gunning, also one of the best value air rifle to have.
- Plastic trigger and cocking mechanism.
- High accuracy within reasonable range.
- Quiet operation.
- Spring air action.
- All weather and durable stock.
15. Hammerli® 850 Air Magnum CO2 Air Rifle.
Hammerli® 850 Air Magnum a high tech and fastest rifle. It ranks as the best and the fastest CO2 rifle in its category
- Speedy and accurate.
- Excellent trigger mechanism.
- Less cocking effort.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy shooting.
- Automatic safety mechanism.
- All weather synthetic stock.
- Rotary magazine.
I believe this post will go a long way in helping you get the best air rifle on the market so that you can enjoy your hunting experiences. Happy sports day!